All LLCs must complete the federally-required Beneficial Ownership Information report. Click here for more information.

To view your LLC data and your asset details, click below to sign in.

To manage your invoices, payments, credit cards and autopay click below to sign in

More about Montana LLCs

The LLC is usually the best business type to form for asset acquisition.

More about Licensing with an LLC

Is it legal?

Absolutely! Your LLC will be legal and valid in all 50 states. Your Montana plates will be legal and valid in all 50 states.

To our knowledge, none of our over 6,000 clients has ever been ordered by any court to pay a sales tax or a penalty on a vehicle licensed through a Montana LLC that we helped set up. While we're not attorneys and cannot offer legal advice, the key point is that it's not you that will buy the motorhome (or airplane or boat) but a Montana LLC (of which you are simply a member.)

The LLC is considered a Montana resident and, as such, resides and does business in a state with no sales tax. States with sales taxes are understandably not happy about this but that’s the way it is. Even so, It's always a good idea to research the rules and regulations in your state prior to any legal transaction.

Most states have regulations regarding the registration and use of vehicles, boats and airplanes licensed in other jurisdictions but domiciled in their state but that’s a different issue. Every state is different and we encourage you to thoroughly research your own state's policies on this matter as well. It's you that must make the decision if a Montana LLC is right for you.

What about financing?

Check with your lender to confirm they will make a loan to an LLC. Remember, your LLC and not you personally will own the vehicle. For an overview of the MT Licensing process, click here.

If your lender won't loan to your LLC, click here to see lenders that will.

Note: some lenders may require an Operating Agreement and/or an EIN be part of your LLC structure.

What about insurance?

Montana does not require proof of insurance to license a vehicle owned by an LLC.

When you do insure your vehicle, speak with your insurance agent and make sure he or she understands your vehicle will be licensed in Montana through your LLC but may be domiciled elsewhere. If your insurer has a problem with that situation, click here to see insurance companies that are "LLC friendly".

What about Montana taxes?

If your LLC has no business activity you do not need to file a tax return but instead may file a Disregarded Entity form

We include the preparation of the DER-1 for you in our annual $225 fee (emailed January 1st of each year.)

NOTE: You can automate payments for all annual requirements. For details, click here

Tax questions? Call the Montana Dept. of Revenue: 406-444-2441

What about next year?

We'll send you an invoice on January 1st of each year for $225 that covers the following:

  • Annual Montana Registered Agent fee.
  • Annual LLC Report filing and payment of state fees.
  • Annual Disregarded Entity form (DER-1) preparation.
  • Annual Renewal of your Private Mailbox (PMB) for the current year.

Those are the only annual requirements to keep your LLC active and in good standing

Learn more about annual LLC requirements.

Your vehicle's annual registration reminder will be mailed to you about a month before it's due.

NOTE: You can automate payments for all your annual requirements. For details, click here